First of all let me say; I am a Business Advisor not a Coach
I am a Business Advisor not a coach. Coaching is very different to being a Business Advisor . Business Coaching is about transformation not information. The role of a Business Coach is to coach business owners through guidance, support, accountability and encouragement. A coach will talk with you to find out what you feel you need to do or change about your behaviour to push your business forward. Coaching is ‘non directive’. I am a Business Development Consultant (Business Advisor). I listen to your current situation and then offer advice on how to make changes to improve, develop and move forward which is ‘directive’.
Creating a Business Strategy
A half day session is all that is needed to create a 5 year business strategy. I work with clients longer term too if they wish for more accountability and ongoing support (as and when is needed after our initial business strategy session). Many small businesses are operating on limited funds, so a ‘one off’ half day strategy session with a solid, do-able and easy to follow strategy, is essential.
Depending on the particular needs of my client, will determine what they need from me and what is needed for their business.
Typically my clients need help:
- To identify if they are spending too much time loss making initiatives
- Help identify a potential untapped market
- New ideas to give their business an ‘edge’ over the competition
- Mentoring – providing ongoing ad hoc telephone or face to face support
- Brand Guidance (particularly new start up busnesses)
- Help to shape their business model to become more successful
- Overview of branding – improvements to be made
- Exit strategies
- Advice on how to scale up a business
- Creating bespoke ‘packaged’ products or services for their clients /customers
The list above is by no mean exhaustive, but will give a flavour of the common challenges I can help with. I am a specialist working and supporting women owned businesses. 90% of my business comes from referrals. If you feel that we could work together, give me a call.